Mr. Ihor BARANETSKYI, Ph.D.
Born on January 28, 1981 in Kyiv, Ukraine
Counselor, Head of Economic Section
Embassy of Ukraine to the Republic of Poland
00-580 Warszawa, Al. Szucha 7
+48 (22) 622 4797
+48 725 877 866 (mob.)
- In 2003 graduated from the Kyiv Institute for the Humanities (since 2015 – Central-European University), with a Degree of Specialist in International Business Management.
- In 2006 received Ph.D. in Economics at the Scientific Research Economic Institute of the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine (key topic of Ph.D. research: effectiveness of the production sharing agreements implementation – attraction of the FDI to mining industry & hydrocarbons extraction in Ukraine).
- In 2007 graduated from the Diplomatic Academy of Ukraine of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine – Masters Degree in Foreign Policy (with specialization in economic diplomacy).
Scientific and Lecturing Experience
2003-2006 – Associate senior fellow at the Scientific Research Economic Institute of the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine.
2004-2007 – Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor at the Kyiv Institute for the Humanities.
2007-2011 – Associate Professor at the Diplomatic Academy of Ukraine of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
in 2016-2018 – Guest Lecturer at the Kyiv-Mohyla Business School (kmbs), the Kyiv School of Economics (KSE MBA Programs), speaker at the European Business Association (EBA) and the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry workshops.
Rewards: Honorary award and Certificates of honor from the Ministry of
Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, the Embassy of Ukraine to the United
States of America and the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine.
International trainings/internships (in economic diplomacy,
international business and foreign relations): Estonia (2006),
Hungary (2007), Canada (2007), Poland, Slovakia (2009) and Germany
Fluent in Ukrainian (native), English, Polish and Russian; German
(basic), French (beginner)
- 2001–2003 – Marketing Manager at the “ECENEC” private company (small scale hydro-energy projects: marketing analysis, project development and accounting).
- 2003 – Chief Specialist at the Finance & Investment Department at the Ministry of Economy and European Integration of Ukraine (key responsibilities: attraction and protection of the FDI).
- November 2003 – September 2005 – Chief Specialist, Assistant to the Minister, Deputy Head of Department – Head of Investment Division at the Ministry of Industrial Policy of Ukraine (key responsibilities: attraction and protection of the FDI; management of the SOEs).
- In February 2008 joined the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine. Held diplomatic positions at the Department of Economic Cooperation; Head of Office/Assistant to the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- December 2011 – November 2015 – 1st Secretary, Deputy and Acting Head of Economic Section at the Embassy of Ukraine to the United States of America (Washington, D.C.).
- December 2015 – June 2018 – Counselor, Directorate General for the Americas, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine (economics & analytics – North America; the whole range of economic, trade & investment cooperation between Ukraine and the USA and Canada).
- July 2018 – to date – Counselor, Head of Economic Section at the Embassy of Ukraine to the Republic of Poland (Warsaw) (the whole range of economic, trade & investment cooperation between Ukraine and the Republic of Poland).
- Speaks Ukrainian (native), English, Polish and Russian (fluently), German (basic) and French (beginner).